Cultural & Historical Tour to Nice, France
Nice is one of the rich cultural and historical cities of France and it is a popular tourist destination
Nice is one of the major cities of France and it is a popular tourist destination. The town is a prime example of the good thing about landscapes and spellbinding scenic views. The good thing of Nice is that the city has something to provide anyone and everyone, be it seniors or the youth who takes time to visit it.
Nice, the 5th largest city in France, radiates a slow paced life and exudes the climate from the French Riviera with its carefree lifestyle and tangible Corsican and Italian influences. Because of the rich history of the region, the town has a very distinct culture, which guarantees an excellent stay.
- The city’s great insightful fine architecture and its diverse cultural life with highlights like the Nice Jazz Festival and also the Carnival in February, attract tourists throughout the world.
- If you want to become acquainted with the culture of Nice experience its atmosphere, stroll with the ochre coloured streets and pay attention to the Nicois, who speak their very own language – Nissart. It is an Occitan dialect still spoken by a few of the citizens and more intelligible than other non-extinct Provencal dialects.
- The architecture of Nice is astonishing – types of the ever-present Belle Epoque style, as well as Baroque influences, are available in the houses and mansions around the hills of Mont Boron. The most famous architectural sites in Nice would be the Basilica Notre Dame, which is the oldest of the modern religious buildings, erected in the middle of the new town, and the opera building, that was constructed in 1885 according to the blueprints from the Nicois architect, Francois Aune, who wanted the opera to resemble the Palais Garnier in Paris.
Nice is definitely an attractive destination frequented by tourists throughout the world. The city is not only renowned because of its charm, but it has also be a hub of scientific, industrial and advanced technological research. Centres for researchers and scientists, like the Acropolis and Sophia Antipolis, have been established in the city and it is vicinity.
- Sightseeing is easily the most spectacular activity in Nice. It’s possible to see many cathedrals, historic monuments, parks, museums, religious sites and also the ancient buildings that are worth a trip. These buildings as well as the monuments would be the quintessence of the French art, history and culture. The abandoned ancient fort and also the nearby Villa Sir Elton John also provides one of the most impressive and irresistible views that tourists are captivated at the same time. Some of the main places travellers shouldn’t miss include Moz’art Mosaiques, Museum of contemporary and Contemporary Art, Chateau de Bellet, Cimiez Convent, Parc du Mont Boron yet others.
- The city is both easy and elegant simultaneously, but most importantly, its charm is evoked through the exceptional climate, the beautiful architecture and also the picturesque cafes. Year round, many find it difficult to snag a table around the cafe terraces due to the popular pastime of getting a coffee and watching others stroll across the famous Promenade des Anglais. This famous street is definitely adorned with blooming flowers while offering a wonderful view of the Baie des Anges and also the coastal beaches.
- You might expect shimmering golden-sand beaches, however this is not the case in Nice. Beaches are rocky and quite uninviting if you do not use a deckchair, which are available at the hotels situated across the coast. The beaches are beautiful, however, so don’t allow it ruin your impression from the whole marvelous city.
Historical Tour: Nice City Tour
Discover Nice, the main city of the French Riviera with its Promenade des Anglais across the sea and reach the gardens Albert 1st having a theatre and the beautiful place Massena.
- Enter the old town called the Vieux Nice, situated between your sea and down town. Welcome in the middle of Nice to soak the initial atmosphere of the flower market each morning except on monday the flee market around the cours Saleya.
- The Castle hill is included by a shady park filled with Mediterranean essences, with an ornamental waterfall, while offering an exceptional panorama over Nice its surroundings from Nice to St Tropez.
Go to the different charming districts from the town :
- Massena square, Garibaldi square, dating in the 18th century, was the first extension from the old town towards the new. Your building facades are now ochre-coloured with green shutters. In the middle of the roundabout stands a statue of Giuseppe Garibaldi, born in Nice in 1807.
- Cimiez, the aristocratic district using the Regina Palace where the Queen Victoria stayed, Chagall and Matisse museums and also the fransciscan monastery.
- The Russian district having a fantastic Russian Orthodox Church, the largest one out of Russia.